Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am ready to give up!! HELP PLESE

Totally lost at this point...Please help.
I have a 04 Mustang GT and have been having charging issues since doing an engine swap. I have replaces the battery twice, up grading to a 750amp battery the last time.
I have replaced the alternator 2x last time up graded to 130amp. I have checked the fuesable link, the alternator fuse in the under the hood box. Checked all the connections, re tightened and cleaned everything. Still battery light on,,BTW the battery light didn't come on until I switched to the 130amp alternator.
I have done a parasitic draw test, found .016 draw but that is not enough to keep the battery from charging? Am I missing something or is there something else I need to check..I am getting pretty discouraged at this point.
I also did continuity test on cables, all check out.
Battery stays charged after sitting and will crank the car. Check Battery, 12.65v even after sitting for two days.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Whats voltage at the battery with the engine running?

Try checking continuity between the alternator body and the engine. The alternator needs to be grounded against the motor. If you powdercoated, or painted alternator/accessory mounts you may not be getting that ground now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts