Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this?
I have a drift car not too concerned with the power brakes. I run PBR fronts and stock GT rears.
I was considering getting some lines made up and just disconecting the hydraulics from the booster.

Thoughts?

Reasons are hydroboost is leaking

Due to extreme steering angles, tons of heat is generated and I would like to simplify the system. I already run an aftermarket power steering cooler but it still gets very hot.

EDIT: Does anyone know the fittings I would need at the pump and rack?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone done this?
I have a drift car not too concerned with the power brakes. I run PBR fronts and stock GT rears.
I was considering getting some lines made up and just disconecting the hydraulics from the booster.

Thoughts?

Reasons are hydroboost is leaking

Due to extreme steering angles, tons of heat is generated and I would like to simplify the system. I already run an aftermarket power steering cooler but it still gets very hot.

EDIT: Does anyone know the fittings I would need at the pump and rack?
<snip>
I'll have to see later if I have the list of fittings, but you should be able to disconnect the hydraboost and run just power steering without any issues. It's just like the v6's, they have power steering but use a vacuum booster instead of the hydraboost. Lots of those guys have actually switched to using a hydraboost so I think you should be fine.
One thing I would recommend would be to see what braking is like without the use of the hydraboost, because I've been in a vacuum assisted car when there wasn't enough vacuum and even with full cobra brakes, the car just wouldn't stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts