Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the plunge and am a new owner of a 2019 Mustang GT with PP1. Kinda reminds me of the 69 Mach 1 I had when I was a kid. Planning to do some track days. Previously, I have only tracked "momentum" cars(S2000, RX-8) so this will be a new experience. Never had this much horsepower to play with. Any advice would be welcome(tire pressures, oil ) Probably be doing most of my track days at NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt and Lightning but a trip to VIR is possible. Don't think I need any upgrades yet as I'm pretty sure the car is better than me as a driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
When you going to NJMP? Ill be there with EMRA the first weekend in August, and with GTA the second weekend in August.

First thing Id move the battery to the trunk if its not there already. Tire pressure google your tire manufactures specs, probably start at 25-28 psi cold and check when coming in hot (unless your new stang has the gauges on the cluster where you can monitor in real time)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was planning to go with Audi club in September but the 2 dates you mentioned sound good. I've never tracked with either group. I'll check it out

·
Registered
267 Posts
Since it's a new car there's not much to do. I would change the brake fluid to Motul 6oo and get some track pads. Most cars and tires like around 38 psi hot.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Yeah, I'd be doing brake fluid and pads way before I ever thought about moving the battery to the trunk. Especially if this is a street car that's just seeing the occasional HPDE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
July 6th and 7th is the SVT Cobra Clubs 20th Anniversary. The Celebration is at VIR. We are coming in on Friday and staying at the Villa's. This is going to be a great time. Looking forward to it. Putting new Pads and Rotors on the 16GT this weekend. Flushing out the Brake fluid for some new also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally took the plunge and am a new owner of a 2019 Mustang GT with PP1. Kinda reminds me of the 69 Mach 1 I had when I was a kid. Planning to do some track days. Previously, I have only tracked "momentum" cars(S2000, RX-8) so this will be a new experience. Never had this much horsepower to play with. Any advice would be welcome(tire pressures, oil ) Probably be doing most of my track days at NJ Motorsports Thunderbolt and Lightning but a trip to VIR is possible. Don't think I need any upgrades yet as I'm pretty sure the car is better than me as a driver.
Congratulations on that sweet looking ride. Very Nice. I love the Color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HPDE day

Looks like I"ll be attending a HPDE day with SJR SCCA on AUG 9 at Thunderbolt Raceway. Anyone else going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts