Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a low mile 91 notch that I was getting ready to outfit with the MM maximum grip box but I am having second thoughts dropping that kind of coin plus a brake upgrade and 5 lug... I bought the car to improve my skills on the track (and I have been wanting a notch forever!), I have run a few high horsepower cars that completely covered up for my lack of skill. So here is the question, instead of diving in deep on the full MM set up what are your suggestions for a step wise approach? Shocks and struts, sway bars and new brake hardware? Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Start driving the car and when you can drive what you have at the limit then fix the weakest link. If you just have to do something now then weld in some SFCs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On a low budget I did the sub frame connectors, lowering springs with matching shocks, panhard bar, high temp brake pads and shoes and some good tires. Make sure all your front end components are in good shape

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
If your previous rides masked your skill level, then I agree - drive the car until you actually need to improve it as opposed to your driving skill. I would make certain the brakes are up to spec as well as cooling and other fluids. Tires are important but if you have some good summers on it already, then spend the money elsewhere.

You'll likely need to correct the stuff you learned with the other rides anyway. Miatas seem to do pretty well in the right hands :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts