Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like mine. It has held up well for 4+ years.

Jess

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are numerous posts on here stating how hp takes forever to ship you the kit. One person on here said he has been waiting over 6 months. I have no personal experience with them. Do a search and you'll find out a lot more info.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i had one and it need to be fixed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any other companies (i know all of them that make a kit for my car ) that anyone has purchased a kit from that could give an A+? I know my options, but unfortunately knowing your options and knowing which ones are good as far as shipping, customer service etc is a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are there any other companies (i know all of them that make a kit for my car ) that anyone has purchased a kit from that could give an A+? I know my options, but unfortunately knowing your options and knowing which ones are good as far as shipping, customer service etc is a whole different ball game.
you want a A+ go with Hellion,you will get your kit fast,shipping was very good as was there customer service. Best of all there kits fit like a glove and make power.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
i have a stock unforged 93 cobra bottom end with 78k miles, and a stage 1 60mm turbo kit. heads/cam/intake... last night i went 11.0 @ 132 in a 5 speed car with a terrible launch. my kit fit like a glove.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have researched the Hellion kit. I am interested in it. But i'm just wondering what more i need to get it running. HP Performance comes with a fuel pump and a tuner but i don't think the Hellion does. However, there is a Hellion dealer and tuner in my city so that makes it sweet.

I think it might end up being the Hellion kit. I thought it was weird that for 500 bucks less i could get the kit and a fuel pump and a tuner with the tune. But like you said you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
752 Posts
B&G custom turbo kits. great guy to deal with and makes the kit to be whatever you want.

their site isn't anything great, but it's not even close to what they offer. email or call them to get exactly what you need. they'll taylor it to your car and goals.

also, check out theturboforums.com formerly known as turbomustangs.com

there's more info there than you'll ever need to know about putting a turbo on your car

and stay away form hp. take forever, usualy don't fit well. do make good numbers when you finally get it to work though. hellion is real nice to. but more of a base kit for a fun street car. if you wanna make more power, check out b&G, or any of the sponsors on theturboforums

·
Registered
94 Posts
i just installed a hellion kit on my car, it fits really good, came with everything to make it work. i had a few hicups with it but the car runs and will break the tires loose at 60mph ( car is not tuned, i really suggest getting it tuned....lol ) i didn't have to cut or modify anything other then my front clip which is part of the instructions. the only issues i had with the kit was the fact that it came with a C&L meter housing for 42# injectors and 39# injectors. they will tell you there are resistors that come with the kit that go between the injector and harness that correct the calibration. NOT true! they are adapters that change over for the ev6 style injector plug to the ev1 ( or mabey its the other way around lol:confused: ) this caused me alot of issues getting the car to run decent, i ended up buying new 42# injectors which weren't cheap. if you get the car tuned this probably wont be an issue but for me living in a little hick town it was a PITA! oh yea, don't use the header gaskets either, oh man do paper gaskets and turbos ever not mix:blam: i hope my rambling on helps, if you want to know anything else just ask.
jason

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys thanks for all the info. I checked with my local Hellion dealer just to see what he said about them and what kind of price he could get me on the kit when he told me that he has an STS Turbo Kit (turbos mounted in the rear) IN STOCK and gave me a good price on it and now i'm considering that. It is a decent price all i would need to order would be a MAF converter and new injectors. Then get it tuned. I'm going to research that route because it is a really good deal.

Oh and Jason, what up on the east coast? I'm originally from Halifax NS and i'm just in Edmonton working.

Anyone heard good/bad about STS? I thought it was a little different mounting the turbos in the rear and their kit is a twin turbo 7 psi kit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah i have researched it. I don't know if it's worth the difference in price. I would like to make 450rwhp. That is my goal, anything higher then that is just, well, sweet. So many options but i have the winter to research everything. The company that offered me the STS kit offered it to me for $5411 canadian and i could pick it up tomorrow morning everything is ready to go all i would need is the injectors and a tune. I just figure the Hellion kit is gonna end up being like $6500-$7000 canadian by the time i get it here. But, as they say, the cheap comes out expensive and i have done some research on the STS and have thought that maybe it's not for me. I wasn't 100% against under car setup when he offered the good price but now that i keep thinking about it and reading reviews and comments i think i may stick with my original choice.

I have contacted Hellion and they have gotten back to me twice in the same day via email. They seem to be very good for customer service as everyone has mentioned. I just can't wait to get this thing back on the road after the winter storage. Stupid north cold winters.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like it might be cheaper to get a flight to US, say Montana or Spokane, then check the turbo kit as "baggage" for the trip home. LOL.

Not really crossing borders or nothing, but I checked a set of cast iron cylinder heads mixed in with my clothing bag on a flight from California to Hawaii, before there was weight limits. Shoulda seen the guys grab the bag to 'toss' on the belt into the plane...

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey man, how's the edmonton life treatin ya? i might be headed that way soon, considering what i spent on my car :king:lol. just for another little heads up on the hellion kit, when i ordered mine i got it from TYA performance in B.C. i already had the fuel pump so i deleted that from the kit and i payed 5650 to my door (roughly.........can't remember exactly to the cent lol) this was the base kit with the 62mm turbo and no fuel pump. i think the pump adds like 100 bucks so its still in the ball park if you think you want to go that route. there # is 1-888-323-2931, the guys at hellion told me to ask for brandon but i don't really think it matters who you deal with. best of luck with your car man. i hope it works out well for ya.:cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts