Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a bit of research on different filters, and flow rates and such, and before I break open the k&n book to figure out a part number, I wanted to see if anyone else ran twins behind the bumper similar to the old hp performance kits, and what filters they've had luck running. I'd like to run a filter for street, and will probably run a screen for the track. Mine is a 04 GT with t3/t4's.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
My best advice on filters is don't go cheap. A member on here ran a spectre filter. It came apart, ruined a turbo, and damaged a dart block.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I believe I read that post, something about the epoxy came apart and it was digested. I'll continue to use an air compressor to clean my current ones (stock hp performance) blowing the dirt out from the inside.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep that was me. It didn't hurt the motor just destroyed a turbo and cost me Aton of time tearing everthing down to clean out the baby powder aluminum that was everywhere.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have a look at the amsoil air filters. There might be one that fits.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thread not as much about what fits as to what doesn't implode, distort, or otherwise fall apart in front of a turbo under boost. Will look into green filters and amsoil though, am afraid to be a guinea pig here.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The filters suggested are high quality filters. I run the amsoil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts