Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a C4 tranny built reverse manual that will have a 2500 stall no brake. The car has to be streetable since I will have to drive to the track. I have never owned an auto, so this is all new to me. Will I have to find out what rpm the car starts rolling through the foot brake and launch from there? If that is the method I have to use how hard can this 400HP 420TQ car possibly leave the starting line? What kind of 60ft times can I expect?

The car weighs about 3000lbs with me in it, has coil overs with 150lb springs up front, subframes, adjustable upper and lower rear control arms, moroso trick rear springs and 3.73's. I'm running 26x11.5 E.T. streets.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already talked to TCI and ultimate converter and they recommended a 10" 3800 stall converter. I let the tranny builder know of the change and he has it on order.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I only use Lenny @ Ultimate Converters. He is fantastic to deal with and his products are top of the line, though you will pay more for them.

As far as streetable goes, that's very subjective. If it's only a cruiser and driven around town to a cruise-in and the track, you can push the envelope a lot more if needed. I cruise with a 5,000 rpm 8" converter. Lots of cooler!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts