Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a tubular K member in my '94 GT. When installing the shifter base today; I noticed that the T5 sits angled to one side. I'm looking at it horizontally from driver's to passenger side. Both motor mount bolts are fully seated at the lowest point of slots in motor mount plates. I hadn't really thought about this before with the stock K member.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QA1

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
The engine can be shifted on the K-member before tightening down. I would also look at the trans crossmember to make sure the trans is level, but with a stock type mount it is not that critical. If using a solid trans mount it is very critical,

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine can be shifted on the K-member before tightening down. I would also look at the trans crossmember to make sure the trans is level, but with a stock type mount it is not that critical. If using a solid trans mount it is very critical,
I can shift the engine fairly easy if needed. Engine mounts are poly and tranny mount is rubber. It may be fine but I never noticed the T5 sitting off level at the shifter box before.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A angle finder tool works great for double checking. You can buy one with a magnetic base for $10 at Home Depot.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A angle finder tool works great for double checking. You can buy one with a magnetic base for $10 at Home Depot.
I have one and was tinkering with it today. The shifter box on top of tranny is not level. Maybe T5's in Mustangs have always been this way? Where can I take a reading to check engine to see if it's level. That 'tis the question.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You could take the upper intake off and set the level on the lower manifold. Verify the car is level before making any adjustments.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could take the upper intake off and set the level on the lower manifold. Verify the car is level before making any adjustments.
Great idea! Thanks.
I was trying to figure out how to check level across the bottom of block as I'll have the oil pan off. I think the crank will interfere.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Take a look at the bell housing and see if transmission is mounted square with the engine. My SN-95s have the trans shifted counter clockwise when viewed from behind. Just measured there is approximately an inch more between top of bell housing/engine bolt hole and top transmission mount bolt hole on the driver side than the passenger side. You can see the bottom of trans and engine are not parallel.

Jay

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take a look at the bell housing and see if transmission is mounted square with the engine. My SN-95s have the trans shifted counter clockwise when viewed from behind. Just measured there is approximately an inch more between top of bell housing/engine bolt hole and top transmission mount bolt hole on the driver side than the passenger side. You can see the bottom of trans and engine are not parallel.

Jay
Thanks for measuring. I'll take a look at that.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Feedback? Thread doesn't help others too much if there isn't an outcome.

Jay
I apologize as I always update my posts. I haven't been feeling well so I haven't been under the car for a few days. (Not the virus)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts