Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm to to this form I had a question about how to retard my timing for boost my set up is a 92 mustang block stock bottom end stage 1 trick flow cam ported gt40 heads scorpion 1.6 roller rockers comp behive springs 2000 stall holley sniper 4 injecter fuel system what I was wondering I'm turboing it and gonna run 5 psi of boost to stay safe. when u retard 1 degree of timing per psi of boost do u set initial timing at 10 then say minus 5 so it would be at 5 or would you set initial at 10 and as the rpm goes up u start to pull out timing and if so how would I pull out the timing would I get a locked out distributer and say for instance my timing at wot is 30 degree would I take out 5 degree and it be at 25 and lock it out or should I go with holley dual sync dist and take out timing using the sniper hand held as rpm goes up as u can tell i know nothing about boost and i cant go to dyno because the only one in my state won't mess with it because of the sniper efi and it's got 24 inches of lift with 47s

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You need to read up on how to use the sniper software. You should find a table with load and rpm. The cells will be your timing per both. I'm not familiar with sniper only stock efi so I'm guessing. set your initial at 10 always.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts