Ford Mustang Forums banner

481 - 500 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
1.) what can be done with mega squirt with a 85 cfi?
You can have complete control over ignition and fuel with CFI as well.

2.) If I swapped Motors into the 85, say it was a 97 explorer motor what would I need to run it? With megasquirt.
You would need to change it to run the Explorer distributorless ignition. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Thinking about getting a ms for my 95 gt to run a cop set up.

Can the MS run the factory tach? Is this documented somewhere?

The only other issues i can think of are cruise control and a/c. I read somewhere about how to re-wire the a/c to work without the EEC. What about cruise?

Would it be any easier to just install and run a separate harness/wiring for the MS?

I'd like to not lose any factory features...and not have a check engine light. I've been reading more than I can remember so links/threads/etc are great if u have them. I'm
Gonna start printing and documenting the info I'll need.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ac and triggers 96 5.0

I'm pretty fair with wiring and with things like this. I'm planing on squirting a96 with 5.0 questions are will the ms3 support ac and internal controls that the origanal ob2 eecv does. I'm guessing it won't and I plan on running both stock ecu and ms. My other question is does the ms3 have trigger more trigger controls or adjustable triggers. For example instead of juice could I set a trigger to open exhaust cutouts at wot at say 4500 rpm. I've read allot here lately and trying to decide on ms2 or three how many diff things I could do, diff fuels,meth injection things like that. I really have been doing research I just haven't found how many triggers and how flexable they are. Just a simple answer from someone that knows would be great. Also should I buy from the thread sponser? Or does it matter I just want to keep the money local if that or in the forum. Thanks

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'm pretty fair with wiring and with things like this. I'm planing on squirting a96 with 5.0 questions are will the ms3 support ac and internal controls that the origanal ob2 eecv does. I'm guessing it won't and I plan on running both stock ecu and ms.
MS3 has A/C control. I'm not sure what you mean by "internal controls"?

My other question is does the ms3 have trigger more trigger controls or adjustable triggers. For example instead of juice could I set a trigger to open exhaust cutouts at wot at say 4500 rpm. I've read allot here lately and trying to decide on ms2 or three how many diff things I could do, diff fuels,meth injection things like that. I really have been doing research I just haven't found how many triggers and how flexable they are. Just a simple answer from someone that knows would be great. Also should I buy from the thread sponser? Or does it matter I just want to keep the money local if that or in the forum. Thanks
Once you've accounted for the 8 fuel and spark outputs, and the idle control valve, you've got 8 programmable on/off outputs that can be used for a wide variety of functions.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
And Matt you forgot...
Yes you should buy it from the Site Sponser(diyautotune) because they support what they sell and always answer you questions and try to help out. that was just my 2 cents...lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Perfect answers guys. I wasn't expecting 8 and that's good. I've been doing more research and from what I'm getting you can just keep building and adding. That's what I like about ms compared to allot of the other em's it's flexible.
I'm committing now to purchase one I'm just waiting till I get finished with the swap so I can actually count my money. This swap is becoming a money pit. Just glad I have donor CARS! Damn it's hot!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am hoping some one could give me a smile answer to this question..

what is the difference between the 2.2 3.0 and 3.57 boards. I am looking at a ms2 with a 2.2 board just want to make sure it will do everything I need

thanks guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread yet but have a quick Q

I'm running a supercharged Dart 302 currently factory EFI/Ignition and MSD 6BTM.

A local Megasquirt guy suggested going MS and ford coil packs with 36-1.

My engine builder on the other hand has suggested the Ford and aftermarket coil packs are failure prone.

I like the idea of going distributorless but am concerned obout coil pack reliability.

So are these coil packs a problem?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does anyone have an MS3 base tune for a 5.0 laying around that I might borrow? Just looking into the MS3 and want to explore the tuning software at the moment.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread yet but have a quick Q

I'm running a supercharged Dart 302 currently factory EFI/Ignition and MSD 6BTM.

A local Megasquirt guy suggested going MS and ford coil packs with 36-1.

My engine builder on the other hand has suggested the Ford and aftermarket coil packs are failure prone.

I like the idea of going distributorless but am concerned obout coil pack reliability.

So are these coil packs a problem?
There are some bad aftermarket coil packs out there, but I haven't seen much in the way of complaints about the stock Ford ones.

Does anyone have an MS3 base tune for a 5.0 laying around that I might borrow? Just looking into the MS3 and want to explore the tuning software at the moment.
It's OK to load an MS2/Extra base tune like the one on our site into the MS3 software settings. You will just need to adjust a couple ignition settings to match the way it's done in the MS3 manual.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's OK to load an MS2/Extra base tune like the one on our site into the MS3 software settings. You will just need to adjust a couple ignition settings to match the way it's done in the MS3 manual.
Do y'all have a tune repository I might pick something out of? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Do y'all have a tune repository I might pick something out of? Thanks!
They have a base tune that can be downloaded from their website... But tune sharing can be counter-productive... No two motors are the same, yes... The factory mass produces cars with the same computer, remember, I said counter-productive, not impossible, the concept of a standalone EMS is to be able to tune for your motor specifically and maximize what you have, the OEM didn't really care about performance to this degree. What is your combination?

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
481 - 500 of 520 Posts