Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having problems getting my car to hook at the track its a 89 mark 7 lsc bone stock from intake to oil pan with a 150-200 shot I have the pills in it for the 200 shot right now tho I also run 110 race gas.The best 60ft I can get so far is a 2.0 while spinning the tires the first few feet.So is there any other tricks?? I would like to cut at least a 1.7-1.8 60ft Let me know thanks

Stock gears,front swaybar disconnected,m/t et street radials on the stock wheels.

I'm thinking about buying a set of weld prostars but I don't know if a 15inch wheel will clear the brakes because then I would run a 8inch wide wheel and run a little bit bigger tire something like the hoosier quick time pro's.

·
Registered
429 Posts
do you have any suspension work? Sounds like rear end deflection resulting in tire spin.

Pat

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any suspension work? Sounds like rear end deflection resulting in tire spin.

Pat
None it still has the stock air suspension all the way around with some monroe sensa trac struts and shocks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
UPR Products has a solution for that. I would rec using a set of solid adjustable upper and lower control arms and a set of sphericals in the rear end housing. This will eliminate any deflection in the rear end, and allow the rear of the car to firmly plant the tires when launching. This will drop the 60ft times. You will also notice a night and day difference in traction.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Patrick Casey
UPR-sales
561-588-6630
[email protected]

·
Beast Logic
303 Posts
control arms gears and a stall

and how much timing are you running with the 110 gas and 200 shot if i can ask...something like 6*btdc?

i've been thinking about buyin a wet 150 shot but i'm new to nitrous

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is just my fun little beater while my 92 mustang is all apart, thats my real race car.So im trying to spend the least amount of money possible on the Lincoln to go somewhat fast for how heavy the car is. I just want to break into the 7's in the 1/8 mile and 12's in the 1/4 mile.

Im about to pick up some parts cheap.
1.Mac long tube headers
2.Two brand new 40 series flowmaster's 2 1/2 inch
3.3.73 gears

The car still has the stock gears and stock full exhaust im going to delete all the smog crap when I do the headers.

I may look into getting some weld prostars but I need to figure out the right backspacing 1st

I ran like 14psi in the rear tires.

·
Registered
111 Posts
UPR Products has a solution for that. I would rec using a set of solid adjustable upper and lower control arms and a set of sphericals in the rear end housing. This will eliminate any deflection in the rear end, and allow the rear of the car to firmly plant the tires when launching. This will drop the 60ft times. You will also notice a night and day difference in traction.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Patrick Casey
UPR-sales
561-588-6630
[email protected]
You all actually have mark specific lowers? that have the air bag perch? might be interested if so, i already have double adjustable uppers, but wasnt aware anyone made mark air bag ones.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The pro-stars will fit, i had a set of skinnies and 15x8 (5.5bs i think) on my '91 LSC back in '99 and they fit fine. Whats the car running in the 1/8th. now?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pro-stars will fit, i had a set of skinnies and 15x8 (5.5bs i think) on my '91 LSC back in '99 and they fit fine. Whats the car running in the 1/8th. now?
Yeah I figured its pretty much the same as a foxbody.

So far my best pass was 8.5 @ 82mph with a 2.0 60ft and that was on the 150shot it still spun some. And on the 200shot it wasn't any better it just spun more.I hate the trans because I have to do some stupid shifting thing because it wants to shift early its the stock aod.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
control arms gears and a stall

and how much timing are you running with the 110 gas and 200 shot if i can ask...something like 6*btdc?

i've been thinking about buyin a wet 150 shot but i'm new to nitrous
Yeah I doubt anyone makes lower control arms to use with the stock air bags plus I don't want to spend the money on that.Also I know a somewhat higher stall would help since it still has the stock one in there but I don't feel like pulling the trans to do that im trying to meet my goals in close to stock form.

I run 13 degrees on the 200shot with the 110 race gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts