Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds stupid but how can i disable the car to make no boost but be driven? Say i want to take it somehwere to have something done to it...I want to get the car painted soon and dont trust anyone if you know what i mean to take a joy ride in it...How would i be able to do that?....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take out the WG spring completely.
Ok thats the only way ? if so ok..lol I know when the pipe off the turbo going to the intercooler wasnt hooked up i had no boost barely any power...lol...that might work to no?..or would that hurt the car?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would take the WG spring out and remove the license plates. Take a pic of the odometer and make sure they understand that no one is to drive the car off the lot for any reason.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have a function on my Megasquirt just for those occasions. I can set it so that it goes right to fuel cutoff when it see's a certain psi of boost. I just turn it down to .1 pounds. Works really well. It's quite surprising how easy the car is to drive.

As long as you don't try to get into boost. :rofl:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Seriously? Man I work at a shop I've been a tech for 12 years and if it's a reputable shop, the douche that "test drives" the car will lose his job. I wish people (generalized statement) would quit thinking like that. Not every shop has employees that screw people over and tear up their ####. I haven't ever done that to anyone's car, including dealership owned vehicles. If you're so concerned about that I'd find another body shop.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do understand there are good shops out there...but it just takes one guy at that shop to say oh wow a turbo car...go to move it hit the gas and as you know these cars move very well and dont brake as well...hit something etc..I take care of my stuff,and im sure most people do...Just was asking...Hey a person can take it out beat on it over heat it or something worse...thats why i asked....

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't trust any mechanic, dealership, car salesman, or anyone that works on cars or engines, there are honest shops/people out there but after you have been screwed over just one time you don't trust ANYONE with your stuff.

I don't trust anyone to work on my car, If I don't know how to do it I will learn or buy the tools to do it. Onlytime it goes to get work done is when there is no way I would be able to learn how to do it or pay for the tools to do it myself.

If you have one of the SCT switch chips you could have a tune written that wont allow it to go over 3,000rpms or a certain speed. That's what some people do when they take it somewhere, makes the car "un-rapeable"

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you really need to, the easiest way would be to either adjust the rev limiter on your ingition box or within the tuning on the car if you have a PMS or something similar.

Otherwise, I really wouldn't worry about it. Like mentioned, record the ODO reading when you drop it off. If it has more than a 1/10 of a mile more on it when you pick it up, somebody was dicking around and heads should roll. If it's a decent place, nobody is going to mess with it though.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
If you have an ignition box with an adjustable rev limiter, just set it to 2k, enough so they can move it around but low enough to keep any knuckleheads from beatin on your ride.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys I have a crane HI-6s with an adjustable Rev limter i can set that ...good idea thanks again....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nevermind.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts