Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm in the process of wiring my 86 mustang with a 88 chassis harness.. Ive attached the wires to the tail lights and ran it through the cabin and out into the engine bay.. I was wondering if there is a way I can check to make sure all the connections work before putting the car back together, I don't have the engine ready to put it in so basically I'm wondering how I can connect power to the chassis harness to make sure the tail lights, headlights and locks work. I have the dash all out and would hate to button everything up if something isnt connected correctly. Im not great with wiring but as of now im the last option I have in this part of my project. Thanks

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
using your wiring diagram, you find the proper pins for power and ground for all your loads

then you add a power and ground from a battery.

easy.

just make sure you use an in line fuse, so if you run into a dead short to ground, you don't melt the circuits.

you can also use devices like a power probe that are self powered to find shorts to ground and power as well as open circuits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts