Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and couln't find anything here. Can anyone tell me the steps involved and anything to look out for.

I just want to drain the old and refill with the Redline 75w90.

Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
BadBud said:
I looked around and couln't find anything here. Can anyone tell me the steps involved and anything to look out for.
I just want to drain the old and refill with the Redline 75w90.
Thanks
This is for the 8.8" aluminum diff on the Cobra. You need a hand pump with a hose. Open the bolt on the top half of the rear side of the diff. Insert the hose so it dangles down to the bottom of the diff housing. Pump out the fluid into your favorite disposal container. Now, fill it up with the correct amount of your favorite gear oil. Redline or Mobil 1 75w90 synthetic is recommended.

What to look out for:

Do NOT fill it up all the way. It is not supposed to be completely full to the top with oil. The service manual says how much to put in. If you put in too much, it will leak.

When draining, you can't see inside so it's hard to tell if you've gotten all the fluid out. Make sure that you pump out roughly the amount that the service manual calls for. Keep jiggling the pump hose inside to make sure you get it to the bottom of the housing, so you don't leave a pool of old fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts