Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, what the hell am I thinking? Well, leave that up to me for a second..........I am just want to know how much they cost and from where.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
You can get them off the corral for prolly less then 100 bones :) The 99's are calling your name ----- hear'em?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in MD too dude.

The only way I would ever buy a used set of 96-98 heads is if they had really low miles on them. How many miles are on those?

Sure you want to know
Reason for all this: i run an roots blower therefore PI heads are pretty much useless to me (unless tim and I work something out , heheehe) and SVO heads are too much money. I think with a hell of a P&P job, some good cams, I should see good gains in the 30-50 rwhp range. It's worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sorry. These have 120k on them. I was amazed, though. Car did not use ANY oil. Took off the front cover, oil pan and valve covers, and the motor was shiney and clean, inside and out.

Don't beleive everything you read about 96-98 heads. I have seen porters who know what they are doing get them to outflow stock SVO heads.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, but we should keep that hush hush cuz some moronic fool will bust in here and tear this thread up saying that it's not possible. It is very possible to have 96-98 heads flow VERY WELL :evil:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would not worry much about the mileage on the heads, When you get them ported just have new valve seals put in, and just replace the springs with upgraded ones. As far as having 96-98 heads flowing decent. I had a set that were around 210Int and 178 exh. before I switched to the 99+ heads(of course they outflow those by a S***Ton)

·
Registered
580 Posts
I forget what my 99 heads flowed stock but I'm pretty sure it was less than my 96 P&P heads yes. My 99 heads flow about 237int and 212Exh at .550 lift give or take a thousands as I don't have the sheet in front of me.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much would new vavle seals and springs cost? Would that put them back to good as new condition with the P&P?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Umm, I bought a set of upgraded Valve springs from FOMPK(God I hope thats the right initials) for like 220 shipped or so, I'm sure if you wanted stock ones they would be cheaper but why not have the extra seat pressure and the ablity to shift later if your car can handle it. New valve seals are like 1 buck or 2 each I think I cannot remember but I know its not much. With that and a valve job, your only worry with mileage would be the cams maybe, but you could use your old cams or have a set of regrinds made and take care of 2 birds with one stone.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blower cams sound great but not right for my roots blower.

I will use a set of 01 cams and they are like 85 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
365 Posts
98roush, hope it goes well, we need some relief with our roots blowers. svosallen went crazy with his svo blower and svo head set up. have not heard from him for awhile, hopefully it worked out ok in the end, bobn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts