Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a friend of mine is putting my car back together. I'm wondering if you all could help me figure out what the motor will make and what I can expect for 1/4 mile times from it?

DSS 331 10.5:1 compression
AFR 185 58cc heads
Holley Systemax intake
Comp Cam XE282HR
All the other basics

The car currently has 4.10 gears in it and will be a 5 speed. What do you all think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok, a friend of mine is putting my car back together. I'm wondering if you all could help me figure out what the motor will make and what I can expect for 1/4 mile times from it?

Thanks!

Whats it weigh? What Tires?

350-370 rwhp on Dynojet

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks!

Whats it weigh? What Tires?

350-370 rwhp on Dynojet
I think it'll come out around 3200-3300 with myself in it. It'll have 15 inch ET Streets under it.

I would be more than happy in that range to the ground, and just as happy to get high 11s from it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think it'll come out around 3200-3300 with myself in it. It'll have 15 inch ET Streets under it.

I would be more than happy in that range to the ground, and just as happy to get high 11s from it.
Id guess 11.50s should be possible, realistically

·
Registered
366 Posts
331, afr 185, Fti cam, holley systemax, 5 spd and 4.10's, 3360lbs and runs 11.7x on 1.5x 60ft times.

Joe

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I think that first estimate assumes the car is 2600lbs and will be ran at -500' d/a... think October up in the north east.
I like Joe's car a lot, I think that is a good "real word"... "street/strip" comparison.
Sounds like you are a little lighter, and possibly have a little more compression... so, I'm with tbirdz...11.5's...

·
Registered
366 Posts
UPR coilovers up front with strange 10 ways, baseline relocated upper in the rear, j&m weight jacket style lowers, stock v8 springs and strange 10 ways in the rear, team z anti roll bar. With all these parts the car would not hook until I followed the plotting instructions on the baseline website. Kevin was super helpful and went back and forth with me through emails. I went from a 1.83 to a 1.57 with NO other changes except for plotting the suspension as he suggested.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts