Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much power will i gain if i switch from shorty headers to long tube headers? what is it worth at the track?

·
Registered
201 Posts
At the track I would not know what its worth but HP wise I seen them add about 18rwhp on a motor with H/C/I.
I'm on the same boat as you. I just recieved my SLP LM Mufflers. Now I Can install my Hooker LT's with matching H-Pipe.
I currently have FMS Shorties, Bassani X pipe, and Magna Flow Muffler. Hope I can notice the difference ;) Good Luck

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???

·
Registered
962 Posts
Depends on combination and what else the rest of the exhaust consists of.. I picked up alot on my combo but there were a few other little changes. Went from 13.50's at 99 on slicks to 13.0 at 105 on dr's with nothing other then longtubes and 3"xpipe and carb swap. I dont believe the carb helped anything really though. I think it actuall hurt it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I was in the exact same boat. went 13.8 @ 98 with Mac Shorties and a catted Mac H pipe. Tossed on some Mac LTs and a prochamber, as well as some underdrives and went 13.2 @ 101 first time out, and then 13.0 @ 103 with the same mods.

·
Registered
962 Posts
IMO it was one of the best things ive done so far. They may be a little bit more of a hassle. But once you go bigger shorties just become that more of a restriction.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts