Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just ran a new personal best on motor:
1.89 60'
8.40 1/8th
84.08 mph
13.074 1/4
105.55 mph

Most of my runs were in the 1.98-2.07 range of 60 ft times. The car had 255/50/16 mickey DR on the back. I used to cut 1.80 60 fts last year, but That was with the stock t-5, now I have the t5z gears in my tranny, with the longer 2.95 first compared to the factory 3.35.

I have 100% stock suspension on the car right now and it has 118K on the body. I have a set of BBK Gripp upper and lower control arms and a set of BBK weld-in subframe connectors I want to put in.

How much will each of these items help my 60 foot times?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
You should improve because you are taking a lot of flex out. If you havent moved your battery to the trunk do that and take off front sway bar that will also help with weight transfer.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front sway bar is still on and battery is still in the engine bay. I daily drive this car to the front sway bar will most likely stay on

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
hard to say exactly how much they'll improve,but what are you waiting for? they are great upgrades regardless of what amount they improve your times,so why do have them sitting on the ground instead of on the car? the SFC's are one of the best mods ive ever put on my car

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most ppl in my area wanted 200-300 to weld on just my SFC. Thats why they have been collecting dust. I finally found someone that is going to be doing them next tuesday fro 100 on a drive-on lift. Prolly putting the rear control arms in at the same time. I am hoping to see low 1.8s or a high 1.7 60 foots now

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
i think you're goals are more than reasonable..launch a little higher and see what happens

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was launching about 3000-3500 but the rear end was moving around so much it felt like, that i was either spinning or bogging

1 - 9 of 9 Posts