Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i started at 17and the car felt like crap when it gets to 5 k it just goes flat... wont pull anymore i have a stock cam but heads and intake, i put it to 22 and was a little better but 26 and it pulls great but i dont want to blow it up so maybe i have something dorked up?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
i definately wouldn't start at 26.. I run 14psi an 18* right now without meth. honestly i don't know that you could even run 26* with the meth. I'd start at 18* with meth and take it up a degree or 2 at first then bump one at a time until you stop making power.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
well i started at 17and the car felt like crap when it gets to 5 k it just goes flat... wont pull anymore i have a stock cam but heads and intake, i put it to 22 and was a little better but 26 and it pulls great but i dont want to blow it up so maybe i have something dorked up?
what is your base timing at? 10* correct? because the pms assumes a base timing of 10*

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I would also go as far to say that each car is different, and you may have no issues running that amount of timing. just be sure that your a/f is where you need it, and your not detonating.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
yeah there is also a limit as to where you basically run out of flow.. due to underflowing heads.. etc.. so you might run 20* all day, then go to 23* and not make any difference. it's all on your setup and car

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I would look into getting another cam. A custom ground would obviously be the way to go, but I run an F-cam right now in my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts