Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drained my catch can after doing a couple weeks of tuning and found about a cup of oil and some moisture. How much are you guys seeing and when are you draining these? I'm thinking of installing some baffles under my bungs to limit the spray of oil into the vent hoses.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
i drove my car about 4,000 miles last year...and probably 500 of that were hard miles...lol..

I emptied mine 3 times...2 times changing oil and one time when it was getting tuned...lots of hard hits that day seemed to fill it like halfway

·
Registered
557 Posts
I drove mine around for 3 days and put some hard miles on the car and didnt have a drop of oil in the can. But I did have a tiny amout of moisture in it

·
Registered
402 Posts
No oil here. Some moisture from time to time depending on the temp and weather.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you guys with no oil baffling near the bung or preventing oil from splashing into the hose?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I dont have a baffle and I dont get any oil in the can

·
Registered
557 Posts
The AN lines are hooked up at the very front/top of the valve covers

·
Registered
557 Posts
Same here, interesting. Do you notice any amount when really getting into it, 10+ psi.
The most I ran was 10psi. I went through a dyno session, prob 25+ full "pulls" on the street and about 350 miles in three days. Didnt have a drop in mine. What size lines are you running. I ran -10

·
Registered
525 Posts
oil in catch can

I wonder if one or both of the fittings are right above a rocker and pushrod??
And oil is squirting up into your c/c line..just a thought

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if one or both of the fittings are right above a rocker and pushrod??
And oil is squirting up into your c/c line..just a thought
Thats kind of what I'm thinking at this point. I drove it for 5 miles under no boost and found about a tablespoon of fresh oil in the can. I'll pull the vc's off and look where they line up. I may have to weld a baffle under the vent hole.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just realized my oil fill tube hose was still connected to the TB port. This has been removed and I have much less oil in the catch can after a good day of testing. I'll keep it this way for a couple weeks and see how thing go.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also got my wastegate boost source routed correctly and keep the boost under 8psi. This along with not boosting the crankcase have got rid of all the oil in my catch can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts