Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FULLY PORTED GT-40's with stock valves, and Crane valvetrain kit. I will be porting my explorer intake too. 75mm tb, 90mm LMAF, twEEcer, stock cam, 1.7 scorpions. How much power could this make on 18-20psi with meth? Car will be tuned at Andersons, as they are only 40 mins away.
through a Astro T5.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to get 560 on 15psi or so, and 600 on 18-20 psi or even 22 psi if it'll push that much boost with meth inj. Yeah I would do a lifter valley girdle at least, since it can be done in car. I want 9's bad....on a budget...LOL...with daily driveability. Not askin' too much is it??? LoL. anywhere in the 10's will be fine, but some LOW 10's high 9's would be awesome. dart block with AFR's would be next.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just so ya know, I just want to tune the car for it, then back it off to 12psi or so on the street. I just want to be able to crank it up for a couple of passes once its dialed in and drop a few jaws.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Dude go snoop around turbomustangs.com before you make a boat anchor outa that block. There are guys over there doing those No.'s without that kinda boost. The power is good but you still gotta get it to the ground. What kinda suspension you running?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whatever, I'll run at least 16-18psi occasionally. But 12psi will be the norm. Whatever power it makes is what it makes. I have HPM uppers with bushings and will be purchasing UPR adj. spherical rod-ended lowers, and will be picking up Subframe connectors tomorrow. Torque boxes have been reinforced about 3 months ago. Looking to go Astro T5 in the spring. It'll all get done. The turbo will be an end of summer project next year. Im just bored and tossing around numbers right now as this is my plan and has been for about 6 months now. My buddy is currently fabbing a turbo kit for his car, mine is next. For spring it will just be the GT-40 combo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Save the guys at Anderson's from going through the trouble of cleaning up oil, coolant, and pieces of metal off their dyno and keep it at 12lbs. There's no reason why you cant run mid to low 10's on 12lbs in a five speed car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol are you 17?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll ignore the last comment...I figured it should go Low 10's at 135mph at 12lbs....which is what I want. I just find it hard to believe that Im SOOO close to finally be able to accomplish this with so little cash invested. As of right now, All I have to do is build the kit and have a valve job done on the heads, and get to work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
+1 anything can be done, how long will it last, who knows :pain:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just to see what'll happen. I know what can happen...It'll be FUN! I hope I split the block...Who know, It may make insane power on 12-14 psi, and I may leave like that for a while and it MAY hold for a while. Its at least 10 months from now though. Im just makin conversation for now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts