Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- GT40 heads (less then 1500miles, w/ 3 angle valve job, new burrilium valve guides and seals)
- Cobra 1.7 RR
- Trick Flow valve springs
- Motorsport B303 camshaft
-19 pound injectors
-190 fuel pump

i think thats all the info u need.
my fuel pressure gauge says its about 40-41psi right now i think it might be running a tad rich, and may need to be at 38 or so.
What do u think?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Injectors are designed to operate best at ~38psi. Definetly go back to stock pressure at 38psi. If you lean you can band aid it by upping the pressure but its best to just upgrade the injectors.

I feel that you shouldn't have a issue running 19lbers with the mods you got.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh and my gauge might be off a psi or so, so it might really be 39. the car seems to run good i was just curiious. Thanks anyone else input?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I would go with stock fuel pressure and dyno the car to find out if it's rich, lean, or spot on.

19# injectors *should* be able to support your power, probably 270 at the wheels give or take a few.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Changing to a larger injector with a calibrated air meter will not really help cure a lean condition like that. The original injector would have to be just to small running at max cycle for this to happen. The computer has to be programmed to overcome lean or rich air fuel ratios on a dyno. Computer has part throttle and long term learning ability and controls injector pulse width vs air fuel ratio using stock program. Keeping pressure near 40 like stock is best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts