Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking for an insurance carrier to insure my Mustang. I have settled upon GEICO, Progressive, or Safeco. Do you guys have any experience using these companies? Also, what are the average rates in Florida? I read that average rates in Florida are around $150 a month. https://autovscarinsurance.com/how-much-is-car-insurance-in-florida-per-month/. Is this accurate or can I expect to pay more? What rates are you guys paying for your Mustang? Any advice or recommendations is well appreciated. Thank you guys so much!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
We pay just a smidge over $2000 per year for my wifes RAV4, my '07 F150, my '13 Focus and my '93 GT. The Focus is the highest premium, but they are all close to $500 per year.

I am thinking about an agreed value policy for my GT.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
We also have the house insured with them. The company is called Adirondack Insurance Exchange. My friend is also my insurance agent and she has found them to be really good. Not available in all States from what I understand. Havn't had any claims except for a windshield under the full glass part. So no idea what they are like in a full on claims situation. And hopefully I don't have to find out.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
I have USAA and for the three snoozer cars I pay $330-360 a month. My ‘05 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon, my ‘07 Jeep Wrangler S and my ‘15 Ford Expedition EL. I haven’t had a ticket in more than 10 years and an accident in more than 8 years (((knock on wood))).

·
Registered
643 Posts
State Farm @ right around $2k per year for: Travel Trailer, Homeowners, 2 Snowmobiles, 2002 Dodge 2500(Cummins), 2010 Forester. The '93 coupe is currently through Hagerty for around $400 a year with a declared value, however I just spoke to and will be getting that in with State Farm as well for about $350/yr with the same declared value and no mileage restriction as I understand.

Insurance is a racket, but is great when you need it. State Farm has always been great to deal with for the few claims we have put through.

I hear good things about Allstate and did get a pretty good quote from them recently, just not into switching things up right now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I pay $135 a month, not married, no home owner. I have full coverage on my 03 towncar and liability on my coupe. And I have Geico. Also I’ve never had an accident and no moving violation tickets. I’ll be looking somewhere else soon.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I live in South Florida and pay almost $7,000 per year.

2015 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
2014 VW Jetta Turbo SE, this car is the reason it's so high. My son is 19 years old.
1994 Ford Mustang GT, Hagerty's $469 per year.

My Insurance went from $2,400 per year to almost $7,000 when I added my son at 16 years old. He needs a 3.0+ GPA in College for me to get a 20% discount. I shopped around 13 insurance companies, didn't even know there were that many.

None of have accidents or tickets, just the way it is around here. Doesn't help that we have the worst driver's in the Country in my town of Boca Raton (it's real bad).

·
Registered
344 Posts
I pay $370 a month for 2001 Mustang GT, 2006 300C Heritage, 2016 Challenger R/T Plus & 2017 Challenger GT AWD.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
$174 per month for my '08 GT500 and my wifes '17 Infiniti QX30 with Geico. It does help that we have our homeowners insurance through them as well.

I used to be with State Farm for a very long time but had to switch when we had too many incidents over the course of two years. 1 speeding ticket for me, 1 minor accident for me and 1 minor accident for my wife. All total paid out under $7k for both incidents and they dropped us after 10 years of consistent payments and no accidents. Blew my mind that they were screwing us over like that. They've been trying to get me to switch back but the last time she sent me a quote, it had less coverage than I currently have with Geico and was around $30 more per month.

There is no loyalty in the insurance business and I learned it the hard way. I should have been shopping around often long before State Farm dropped us because I would have saved thousands $$$$ over the years. It doesn't hurt to check other companies rates before your renewal is up.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
$154 per month for full coverage on 16' Ecobost Focus, 08' Bullitt and 01" F250 Superduty 4x4 4 door

·
Registered
38 Posts
I pay about $175 a month total for my 2016 GT, 2004 F150 FX4, 1969 Mustang, 2010 Escape, and 1988 F250. Everything but the '88 F250 has comprehensive coverage.

I get a discount because I work for Lockheed Martin but I have been told Liberty Mutual is about the same price no discount.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was with Motorists Mutual out of Columbus Ohio and switch to All State - Same Coverage but $91 dollars cheaper a month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts