Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about picking up a pair and want to know how much will it help my times . Right now i have nitto extreeme555 255 45 w/19lbs on my rear and i have gotten 1.9s with them followed with a
13.617 @102.93
13.648 @103.11
13.618 @102.71
13.636 @103.29

now I know my mph will drop but how much will I see on time.
don't want to spend the $ if i am going only drop 1/10th.

any info will be great

thanks Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went from a best of 14.196 @ 98.98, 2.134 60' (stock Goodyears~30 psi) to a best of 13.85 @ 99.81, 2.011 60' (Nitto drag radials, ~29 psi). One thing to note however, is the first time mentioned was run in June and the 13.85 in January, both at Houston Raceway Park.

Dave

·
Registered
489 Posts
Now I say again I am not the smartest when it comes to cars but what are these Nittos? Is it just a brand of tire? and why are they so good for grip? Can yu drive every day with them and how much do they cost? I mean if I can shave a little off the time and they aren't too pricy I would get them for everyday use but I am guessing otherwise.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yoop33 said:
Now I say again I am not the smartest when it comes to cars but what are these Nittos? Is it just a brand of tire? and why are they so good for grip? Can yu drive every day with them and how much do they cost? I mean if I can shave a little off the time and they aren't too pricy I would get them for everyday use but I am guessing otherwise.
Nitto's are a drag radial that has very little tread, are very soft, and are sticker than street tires. Yes they are a just a brand. BFG makes them also and I am sure there are others but these are the two you hear about the most. You can drive on them daily but be very careful in the rain! I don't drive in the rain so it is no issue with me. The price depends on size and who you buy them from so I won't speculate on that. I used them at the track on my old GT but haven't been to the track with them on my current GT. As you can see from my sig, my 60's can use some help. I am hoping to get 1.7-1.8 60's with the Nitto's, control arms, and new shocks/struts but we shall see. Hope this helps! Later Ron

·
Registered
545 Posts
I cut .35 off my 1/4 with Nitto 555R 275/40/17 on my stock cobra.

Nitto is a brand name and they are DOT approved. That means they have enough wet weather traction to be safe, but don't you believe it. Mine suck when it is wet. I bought mine for $150 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts