Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a ringland and the exhaust wheel is now chipped on the edge of the inner fins. It has low miles, everything else is in great shape. Wondering how much I can get for it as-is?? Thanks!

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
It may be worth more if you get it fixed. 4Jenna has a place in AZ that worked well for him I think. He may see this and comment.

I have had Precision look at a bad PT78 I had but it was very expensive to fix. I only got a $250 for it which was basically the value of the housing. Mine was overspun and the center shaft was twisted.

I hear a lot of people doing business with Supernatural turbo now (may have another new name now??)

That polished housing is pretty. :leghump:

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Without a full tear down and inspection the true state of the turbo is unknown. Bad things happen when debris hit a spinning turbine wheel.

I had a turbine wheel replaced in a similar turbo for 300-400$ If I recall correctly. That was seals and balancing also. If your interested in getting it fixed I recc Turbos Direct in Glendale, AZ.
Sending it to Precision will be big, big $$

If the price is right I may buy it also.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
take a trade on a NIB precision pt6776 lol

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
if i were to buy it the whole turbo would need to be rebuilt by a reputable company before i would trust it. so take the cost of having it rebuilt, then add the value of the housing and center section to come up with a reasonable sales price. but depending on the cost of the rebuild and sale price, it may seem worth it to alot of people to just to go ahead and buy a brand new unit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts