Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to a turbo V/8 and trying to learn it. Once had a svo but this is compltelty different. How much boost can I safely run? My motor has about 30k on it with forged rods ,slugs, 8.5to1 C/R. Stock crankshaft with no main girdle. I've been playing around at about 12psi. With no problems at all. The previous owner ran it at 15psi. with no problems. I'm gonna put it on the dyno next weekend to see what I can run safely. Thanks for any help. -Jeff

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
As long as you get it tuned properly you could get away with 20+psi of boost.... Boost dosen't kill the motor detonation does.

Jeremy

·
Registered
325 Posts
SVT: assuming you stole my dream car from me jk, i'd take that PMS and throw it in the river or at least only use it for startup type stuff , that car should make good power with the parts that are in it

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Push the boost pressure you need to reach the cracked block point. Expect it to go somewhere over 600rwhp with a turbo. You should be good to around 20psi, maybe a tad less, with your CR and an intercooler with pump gas.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the info. Time to get her on the dyno and see what we can do. It will have to wait until next weekend now seeing we got all this snow. Later. -Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts