Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most running boost have gone mass air or upgraded the ECU. Just wondering who's accomplished successfully boosting the stock system.

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know most running boost have gone mass air or upgraded the ECU. Just wondering who's accomplished successfully boosting the stock system.

Thanks
If you add any kind of forced induction, i.e., supercharger or exhaust gas turbocharger, to a "Speed Density" EFI system, you will have opened the worst "can of worms" you've ever seen.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Thanks
If you add any kind of forced induction, i.e., supercharger or exhaust gas turbocharger, to a "Speed Density" EFI system, you will have opened the worst "can of worms" you've ever seen.
Hahaha. +1 on the can of worms

*I've seen it*

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? That bad? I've read so many things about people installing a check valve before the map and running a fmu. I know this isn't the most optimal setup, but seems like it works. However most of those post and articles are pretty old, which is why I ask the question.

The blower I have is probably only good for 5-7psi and I know you're not gonna be able to push a ton of power and boost on the stock system, but just wondering how far someone has pushed the stock system and how it worked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Really? That bad? I've read so many things about people installing a check valve before the map and running a fmu. I know this isn't the most optimal setup, but seems like it works. However most of those post and articles are pretty old, which is why I ask the question.

The blower I have is probably only good for 5-7psi and I know you're not gonna be able to push a ton of power and boost on the stock system, but just wondering how far someone has pushed the stock system and how it worked.
Well, you can supercharge it.. but one day you're gonna push the #### out of it, go lean, kaput.

Probably 260whp at best out of a *stock* speed density car

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just the stock one for now . I know Megasquirt would handle it, I don't know about Quarterhorse . Just looking for something simple for the time being. I'd like to upgrade to a Megasquirt down the road as I know that's ideal.

·
Registered
21,886 Posts

Thanks
Is this the second thread you started on this very topic?

When you say 'successful' you need to define what mean by that?

What are the qualifiers?

How do you expect it to behave?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts