Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on driving my car on the street..not as a DD but still driving it time to time. I will in the end make it more of a drag car.. not a full out drag car but ou get the idea. I took out the ac and at the time being lazy also took out the heater and HVAC (blower and all that crap) How many of you guys have the heater? Thinking I might need it for this winter.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
well if your driving in the rain. or the fall yea. put it back in. you need the defroster in the rain atleast mine did cuz it fogged up.

but i have removed all my heat and A/C. but i only drive it on a sunny days and trailer it to the track most of the time.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'd like to have a heater. I bypassed it when the heater core went out. Everything is still there, I just haven't been in a real hurry to pull the dash apart to replace the heater core.

·
Registered
634 Posts
air & heat are for sissies...........real men only worry about sticky tires the clutch pedal and rpm......... LOL

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Still have working heat in my car.Gotta have that on a cool day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You don't need heat. If your cold, roll up the windows and rest your legs against the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
No heat here. Dress for the weather, and your fine. Now, when I first pulled mine out, I had not sealed the hole under the cowl, and I drove it a ways to go street racing. It was warm when we left, but ended up getting down in the low 30's. That sucked balls.

·
Registered
135 Posts
my heat barely works but its enough to keep me warm on cool nights. its good to have ebcause windows do fog up when the cool weather hits and i dont know about you but i like to drive my car till the end of the season and get as much seat time as i can with it

·
Registered
780 Posts
I guess it depends on how cold it gets when you drive the car. I drive mine from April to the end of October. We usually hang out pretty late so it is nice having heat driving 30 minutes home on those 40 degree nights.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't have heat or ac but here's a good trick I did.. Get a power converter that plugs into your cig and then plug in a small heater place it on the floor or seat and your done!! That's only if the car has to come out in very cold weather and you want heat. You can always wear a jacket in the car.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Also depends where you are. I'm in central Florida. You northern guys might need it a little more than I would :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
No heat here but the car only gets driven on nice days and is trailered to the track.

·
Registered
205 Posts
air & heat are for sissies...........real men only worry about sticky tires the clutch pedal and rpm......... LOL
Try sitting in the staging lanes at 1am your down to the last 4 cars and you cant see a thing because your windshield is foged up. leave the defroster in you wont regret it

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i hooked the heat back up in my car last fall and i'm glad i did. it's pretty hard to drive a car when you can't see out of the windows.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
i havent welded over the holes in my firewall from the heater core yet. im kinda affraid to. incase i wanna switch back. so i just used some sheetmetal screws and screwed something over it for now.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Try sitting in the staging lanes at 1am your down to the last 4 cars and you cant see a thing because your windshield is foged up. leave the defroster in you wont regret it
After 16 years of racing it hasnt bothered me yet, to each his own:)

On a side note the northern boys have it worse than me (northern florida)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

I just leave my windows down untill I pull up to do my burnout.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts