Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so how many do u think i should have on my coupes trunk lid to hold it down? i have 4 but not sure it it will work or not. i guess all it can do is rip it off going down the track lol

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Well 6 at a min IMO. 3 each side, but if you have 4 I would put them in corners and make sure they are tight.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I started with 4, figured I'd have to get creative on the mounts and add more at some point. Well that was 4 years ago...I still have 4 today. LOL

It hasn't been a problem, Cervini lift off and 140+mph trap speeds.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
On the decklid I wouldnt put any more than needed to just hold it on. Air / downforce should be plenty to hold it in place. Just make sure you have enough across the front to keep wind from getting under it. I would put 4 there. Maybe 1 at each rear corner.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it is pretty much split on the 4 or 6-8. i have 4 so i can get it tight and i should not have to much of a problem. i will add a drag wing in the next few weeks and then i will add one more in the front and make it 5.
how far up on the front should i put the rear ones because of the drag wing. i am going to use the SOS wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts