Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your interested in watching it, the show “How it’s Made” on Discovery/Science channel is having a show tonight on how turbochargers are built in the Turbonetics turbo plant.

• Turbonetics Turbochargers
Don't forget to watch today's"How it's Made" episode at 9pm Eastern Time. Set your watches (yes, watches are part of today's episode), heat up some enchiladas (they are also in this episode, if you ever wondered how they are made) and watch some top notch turbochargers being built.

·
Registered
448 Posts
it was pretty cool to watch for sure, could have been a touch longer i think though...

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
its a good thing they will be replaying it as i can't find it online

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
noooooo I missed it! I watch that show fairly often. Hopefully Ill see it.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Jul 01, 9:30 pm

Jul 02, 12:30 am

Jul 03, 4:30 am

Jul 05, 8:30 pm

Jul 05, 11:30 pm

Jul 07, 3:30 am

·
Registered
426 Posts
did anyone notice the hispanic guy making the compressor housing and the Asian guy machining the housing. Doesnt really look like it 100% made in the USA to me.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took that as time to assemble it. Turbos are simple to take apart/put together it's the technology, design, and materials we pay for imop.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I took that as time to assemble it. Turbos are simple to take apart/put together it's the technology, design, and materials we pay for imop.
Damn I didnt get a chance to see it. What model of turbo did they assemble? I assume a T3/T4?

I agree, T-netics took a good chunk of change from me for my Y2K, but its been flawless for 6 seasons now. Top notch compnay in my eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts