Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the fitment on the 94 and 95.I heard 87 ta 93 is pretty good .But on the 94/95 was not great.again i could not find anything current as most of the ramps at found were from 2008 to 2013. So I'm looking for some more current situations due to the fitment of this kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm kinda curious as well. I have a complete 87-93 on3 kit but was unsure about the alternator being in the way and abs pump.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No major issues with my kit. I have the 70mm turbo and I have plenty of alternator clearance. The only issue I had was the headers being slightly warped. It wasn't a huge leak but I tried copper permetex and the kit gasket but it still leaked. I've since bought a remflex gasket and will install it next spring. Also I'm not running abs so I can't give feedback on that. Outside of the cheap clamps, the kit held up good for one season and the fitment was dead on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.Maybe some others will chime in also with the kits.So for yours it was headers leaking and clamps are not so good.How long ago did you get your kit? As like any vendor they sometimes improve them with time.If you where to order the kit today what changes would you make to it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for the info.Maybe some others will chime in also with the kits.So for yours it was headers leaking and clamps are not so good.How long ago did you get your kit? As like any vendor they sometimes improve them with time.If you where to order the kit today what changes would you make to it?
I've had my kit installed for 1.5yrs now but I don't daily drive and it never been out in rain or snow. If I order today I would get better clamps right away and use remflex gaskets or copper rtv as mussin suggested. Also my wastegate did crap out on me within miles of first install. To date I've used different clamp(v-band), wastegate and header gastket.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great info thank you for the info.Looks like gaskets are huge and clamps.we will see if some others chime in to see if there is any other patterns to this. Out of curiosity how is the fitment on your kit on the install? How was the drive ability did you get a tune or did you go to pms or a pro m ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Chris @ PAS has an On3 "upgrade" kit prepackaged.
He would probably be worth a 5 minute phone call to.

Edit: copper RTV & Stage 8 locking nuts/ washer things. No leaks.
If you zoom in, you can see them.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had tried calling him around noon today Funny you had said that Meegs.by the way how is that 93 cobra comeing along?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great info thank you for the info.Looks like gaskets are huge and clamps.we will see if some others chime in to see if there is any other patterns to this. Out of curiosity how is the fitment on your kit on the install? How was the drive ability did you get a tune or did you go to pms or a pro m ?
I had no issues with the install in regards to fitment. The car drives great but I've been using Decipha @ efidynotuning to get the car to drive like stock, until I build boost. If you're going with a mail order tune don't waste your time with some of the other names that float around this site. Decipha knowledge of the CBAZA is unmatched. He even help me troubleshoot some problems that I was having.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Cobra's been great for the past couple years.
Now if I could only get my life to run as smooth as the car I'd be set.
Something about these cars and never being "done"

Call Chris @ PAS. He will square you away with all your questions. Make sure to ask him about the On3 v-band upgrade kit. It's worth the few extra peanuts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input Meegs.I thought you where doing aome stuff over the winter.But like you said are these cars ever done lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts