Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I find a set of factory Recaro's out of an Evo 9, how hard is it to adapt them to a '92 mustang? I'm not interested in having them end up higher than the factory seat.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Call Wedge Engineering. They make seat bases for fox mustangs that are 1" lower and 3" back. They also sell the sliders you will need. The seats prolly have the same attachment points as most other Recaro's. You are gonna love having good seats in that thing

Cheers

Devin

EDIT: you'll prolly need a BFH also to dent the floor pan on the DS to accomodate the base, you see what I mean when you try to bolt it down.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
From what I hear, once you remove all the Evo mounting brackets, the seats have the standard Recaro mounting system and can be easily used with aftermarket Recaro sliders and mounts. I only remember this from when I was looking into this idea myself.

Whether the seat sits you too high, I don't know.

My Cobra Daytonas, use the Recaro seat skeleton, and with the sliders, and wedge engineering "lowered" mounting brackets, I still feel like I'm sitting a tad to high. I have a long torso though, which doesn't help.

For now it's ok, but once I get a roll bar and do the "broom" test, I imagine I'll have to take my car in to some fabricator to help me try and get the seats a little lower...

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know about Wedge, thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the Recaro sliders/brackets for my Recaro SRD's. The brackets/sliders from Recaro made the seat sit up much higher. The brackets had to be adjusted some to lower it. Once it was all in, the fit and quality of the Recaro was awesome! Great lateral support for HPDE days.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
On the first set I ever put in a mustang I welded plates off to the sides of a stock seat track then used these little stainless steel sleeves to space it up or down. I rocked those for awhile, I went with the wedge bases and sliders on my Cobra because I found a set of Flo-Fit sliders for $25 ( they have the same bolt pattern as well ) The Flo-Fit sliders have the adjustment knob on the door side. I'm using VW mkII GLI seats so they might sit lower

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The recaro's I got out of an evo 8 had universal sliders. I just cut the feet off my stock sliders and welded them to flat plates paralel to the car and bolted them down. Been working awesome for 3 yrs now.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have the Recaro sliders/brackets for my Recaro SRD's. The brackets/sliders from Recaro made the seat sit up much higher. The brackets had to be adjusted some to lower it. Once it was all in, the fit and quality of the Recaro was awesome! Great lateral support for HPDE days.
The recaro sliders i bought had three height holes on them... i installed them at their lowest setting and buzzed off the holes i didnt need (otherwise you wont be able to install them on the tranny tunnel side anyway).

I sit nice and low (or low enough at least) and at 6'7" that is exactly what i needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts