Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock air box intake tube and a drop in k&n filter on my car but i have wondered if a k&n cone filter will help ! i run the stock box because i think it helps some with the heat and it gets the cooler air fron in the fender ! just wondered if anybody has tried switching at the track and seen results !

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey 93mustank. so you are using the stock air box !

·
Registered
121 Posts
probably not your greatest restriction

I think the E7 heads and/or the factory throttle body restricts more than the stock airbox ever will.

I use a stock airbox and a K & N panel filter and did one run at the track with the filter removed and actually ran a tad slower. Of course, my silencer is gone.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
On my old afr/fti stock short block combo I use to run the stock air box/tube with great success. I'd use 6" dryer duct from home depot or lowes as a "ram air" and run it from under the valance up to the stock air box inlet. Was worth 1-2mph all day long :) May have looked a bit strange but I didn't care!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've been 11.90 with the stock air box and a k&n panel filter. I did remove the air silencer though. This was on speed density though. I'm not sure if the speed density and mass air boxes are the same.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
[email protected] mph

K&N Panel filter, stock airbox with nothing inside the fender.
EFI 347 on motor at 3100 lbs

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
On my old afr/fti stock short block combo I use to run the stock air box/tube with great success. I'd use 6" dryer duct from home depot or lowes as a "ram air" and run it from under the valance up to the stock air box inlet. Was worth 1-2mph all day long May have looked a bit strange but I didn't care!

i'm glad you mentioned that ! i have a march ram air vent that bolts to the front valance that i just mounted and i'll be getting some 5" dryer hose tomorrow to finish it up hopeing for 1-2 mph all day long :leghump:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts