Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wondering what you guys think is possible with a Factory A9l and a burnt chip..Im looking around 7-850rwhp and gotta run 5.70 range to compete..

combo will be..
bossblock 351 9 to 1 comp
cammotion cam 236/233 576/571 on a 115
Dart pro 1 heads
Rick Anderson Victor 5.8 intake
75mm TB
complete fuel system
powerglide/3.55
ultimate converters
Custom 76mm with 1.32 ar
car has to weigh 3300lbs

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You should be fine with the A9L and that combo, the biggest problem you would run into is the speed of the ecu but if your not shifting past 6800 rpm or so. I am sure a good tuner shpuld be able to get it to work with the big injectors and the cam that you have.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Injector and Mass air meter size is really the only power limitations I see anymore with trying to run a stock computer. I looked at trying to keep my stock computer to run my new turbo combo. But 80# injectors were just not going to support the power I want to make on E85.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There was a thread on the YB that some guy just ran into the 7's with a maf car. I could be wrong but I thought some one said it had a piggy back controller. Maybe a PMS. It was a thread about after market ECUs in some class out east. Holcomb motorsports was posting a lot in the thread. Maybe do a search for it over there.

But that kind of ET should be possible with the A9L. A good MAF with the larger injectors will be key.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
hey Jeff88coupe what combo are you building??
Traded the nitrous motor and drive train in my sig for a Boss block 338/TFS HP's/custom turbo SR/EFI Vic sr. intake with 160# inj/PG tranny/T6 flange hotside/Under the dash water to air IC. Going to be running a precision PT88 with a t6 hotside on it. Should be able to make ~900-950 to the tire on E85. Going to be using a FAST xfi on it. If it makes that kind of power or more...I am thinking of running some local outlaw 8.5" tire stuff with it. Need to be able to run in the mid 5's at ~135mph in the 1/8 to be sorta compedative.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Traded the nitrous motor and drive train in my sig for a Boss block 338/TFS HP's/custom turbo SR/EFI Vic sr. intake with 160# inj/PG tranny/T6 flange hotside/Under the dash water to air IC. Going to be running a precision PT88 with a t6 hotside on it. Should be able to make ~900-950 to the tire on E85. Going to be using a FAST xfi on it. If it makes that kind of power or more...I am thinking of running some local outlaw 8.5" tire stuff with it. Need to be able to run in the mid 5's at ~135mph in the 1/8 to be sorta compedative.
wow, man sounds like you stepped it up big time.. good luck with everything and let us know how it runs..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts