Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 10 holes with 26/8.5/15 ET Drags on them, and people have said that they are poor for racing once you put bigger tires on, because the small width of the rim (I want to get 10" ET Drags in the future). So I was wondering how fast have your guys gone on them. Post your tire size and 60' time please.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My buddies car had 26 x 9" slicks on ten holes and sixty foots 1.62 and runs seven in the eighth. We never had any problems....James

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I just went [email protected] a few weeks ago on 10holes with Hooiser 26x10.50's.

26x10.5 ET drags are getting mounted soon.

I'm sure that a wider wheel would allow more track contact patch because it doesn't "bow" in as much towards the edges, but when you're a budget racer like me, 10holes are good enough for now:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have been running my 10 holes for 3 years now with 26x10 ET Drags. Best ET is 10.57 @132mph. Best 60ft is 1.43 with Steeda rear suspention. Wish I could run a set 10" Welds in the rear to match the front, but I have to get the motor back together first :)

4"

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I'm happy to hear that you guys are running great times with 10 holes :) Especially 4" Stroke....1.43 60' :eek: I'm definetly keeping them and putting me ET Drags on them.

Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yea, never really been a priority of mine to change them. They have been with my car since it was stock going 14's. I think with my new combination going in I'll probably have to get some 10" Welds for better stability & trying to shot for 9's. My biggest problem with them is the "look" of not having a matching set of wheels for the track.

Oh, I also run screws in them to keep them from moving on the rim.

4"

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think I'll need screws in mine to keep the rim with the tire? At best, I'll cut high 1.6's

·
Registered
10 Posts
some people say not to screw the tires to the wheels because when you use the tube you don't get even pressure across the contact area. Don't do it untill it is absolutely nessesary, usaully deep into the 9's and high 8's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don;t even run tubes with my slick with screws. The screws don't go through tire only into it to keep it from moving. I don;t think they will hurt you.

4"

·
Registered
432 Posts
All 3 runs in my signature were on 26x8.5 on 10 holes
All on STOCK suspension minus the front swaybar
I use tubes and have screwed them to the rims

Good Luck
Brian

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are some good times also TheBrain. I'm also going to be running without the swaybar but I do have aftermarket control arms and a 4.10 gear.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea they are the same ones. I still havent used them because of the michiagn weather. I'll tell you what I run with them, Im going to the track this friday.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I've got my car torn down waiting on parts ;-(... I ordered a novi 1000 and it's a little slow coming in. Let me know what you run on those. I don't think you'll be too disapointed. Where did you have your car dyno'd at?

Brent

·
Registered
197 Posts
What kind of valve stems did you put in those 10 hole rims when going tubeless? I heard you have to enlarge the hole to 5/8's
Does anyone know if thats true?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Please specify if you run slicks tubeless and if you use screws. Transmission type would also be worthwhile information as well. I need some traction too. Could I run 8.5's while using 3.55 gears?? I keep trapping at higher mph, but ET's haven't improved at the same rate.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
theres really no need for screws in the rims unless you're making BIG power. i ran fine with a five speed on ten holes , 8.5's and 3.55 gears. 12.88 @ 107 was my best time, with a 1.84 60ft. that was a soft run.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts