Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem with aluminized tubing. It won’t rust like mild steel and is a cheaper alternative too stainless.

:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Spray it with High Temp spray paint (1500 degree). After you spray it, put it on the car right away and run the car for about an hour. That will cure the paint to the pipes. The instructions are on the can, but that's basically it. If you do it right, the paint is really tough and lasts long. Definately worth saving the cash vs. going with stainless.

·
Registered
371 Posts

Darren,
For what it's worth, I have a BBK-X pipe (aluminized) and it's going on 14 months and no rust looks the same as the day I installed it. I live on the outer banks (beach). If it can rust, it will and the pipe is holding up just fine.

Rigo

·
Registered
866 Posts
SilverStallion said:
Do they (the aluminized pipes) rust quickly?
Nope. Do they rust at all? I had an aluminized steel pipe on my RX-7 twin turbo for years and it never rusted. The guy who installed it said the pipe would outlast any car on which it was installed.

However, there may be different alloys or blends of aluminized steel, in which case all might not be created equal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts