Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 88 gt with aprox 100,000 miles on it.. AOD car... pretty much bone stock with a set of 3.27 gears and flowmasters. i love this car.. i named it brad... then all of a suddend it got in two fender benders less than a month of getting it on the road from a fresh paint job.

so i have repaired the damage and it's driveable again.. but in primer.. the damage was severe.. front cap, hood, pass door, and pass rear quarter.. hit hard enuf that the drivers door was jammed and paint knocked off it when opening and shutting doors..

so now that it's repaired at min it needs a full paint job.. but i have so many fox parts in the shop to mod it with... so i've been thinking of building it into a hot street car... but part of me says just farm out a paint job and call it good... or even do it myself and make sure it's perfect..

A) rebuild whole car back to it's glory days?
B) get a cheap paint job and call it good?
C) build a hot rod?
D) build a RACE CAR thats bad to the bone.. i'm talking about a 4 second beast at the 1/8th mile track...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
what was your original intent with the car? did you want to build a hot rod? something that looked cool to you, but was driveable?

personally i would make sure the chassis was straight, install the fox body parts i have collected, and hit the car with a good rattle can paint job and call it done.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
got a 88 gt with aprox 100,000 miles on it.. AOD car... pretty much bone stock with a set of 3.27 gears and flowmasters. i love this car.. i named it brad... then all of a suddend it got in two fender benders less than a month of getting it on the road from a fresh paint job.
by the way, is this a prelude to an insurance commercial?:wink2::grin2:

have you been through two boyfriends and three jobs?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts