Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting a new setup I have 60lb injectors and a 255 hp intake pump and a gls340 inline w/ that. I am curious to see how far people have gone with this set up because I dont want to be pushing my luck and would like to do it right the first time. Hearing some numbers made on this set up will help me figure out whether or not I need to go w/ two inline pumps and a pick up. So far I have found only a couple w/ this set up that mentioned hp levels and those were at 585whp w/ no issues. Anyone make it over 600 issue free? Also has anyone tried this new bosche 044 as an inline with a 255 and would that be any better/worth doing over the gls340?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i have had a single a-1000 to 9.40s,i would just get an intank pick up from granititelli and go with an AIRIMOTIVE A-1000and be done screwin around that255 intank will only flow255does not matter what inline pump you have ,your fuel is as only as good as the smallest restriction!a-1000 is good to about 700rwhp!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Assuming you already have upgraded fuel lines and rails….I’d consider going with a boost a pump. They seem to offer great reliability and won’t overtax the fuel system by constantly pumping high volumes of fuel (which heats it up in the process). According to a faq at their webstie here... http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/fuelpumptech.pdf , a single in-tank 255 along with the BAP will support 800+ HP. When it comes time for me to need more fuel…this will likely be the route I’ll be taking.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may just sell this intank pump and buy another gls340 and twin it up w/ a pick up. I think i could make a pick up for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts