Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got lean bank 1 on the autotap. looking at the fuel trims it looks like both longterm fuel trims on bank 1 and 2 are at 25% and solid. the o2 sensors are switching but only between .2 to .5. i have ran several gallons of race gas thru the car in the last few weeks, so could this be the problem?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the gas was leaded. i was using it to for the tune and to bump my octane up for track use. i have a problem that just started both banks apeear to be running lean. i just rechecked with autotap and now the code came up for bank 2 lean.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Much like just holding a bottle of vermooth near a martini makes the perfect dry martini, holding a can of leaded gas near your oxygen sensors will ruin them. :D

Seriously, you need to buy new ones now, they are ruined. Since there is 4 of them, it's going to be expensive also.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! EDIT: Oops, someone else already told you they were ruined. I'm not the bearer of bad news!!!

PS. You may want to check with an expert, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one.

·
Registered
866 Posts
jason99cobra said:
the gas was leaded. i was using it to for the tune and to bump my octane up for track use. i have a problem that just started both banks apeear to be running lean. i just rechecked with autotap and now the code came up for bank 2 lean.
For future reference, Union 76 makes 100 octane unleaded gas and they sell it from some of their pumps. You can find the locations on their web site. This gas will not damage your O2 sensors or your cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts