Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the steeda tri-ax shifter and i love it, but the storke on the clutch is so freakin' long. my fiance' has an 88GT vert with the stock clutch and it's alot shorter. does somebody make an aftermarket clutch fork that has a shorter stroke, or how else do you do that?

·
Registered
343 Posts
BBK, McLeod and Fortes make a firewall clutch cable adjuster. Steeda does as well, but it requires Steeda's clutch cable. I don't know if the BBK & McLeod need special cables, but the Fortes adjuster uses the stock cable, that's why I got that one.

What it does, is it allows you to adjust the height/travel of your clutch pedal by lengthening, or shortening the cable slack.

On my '94, the clutch pedal was three inches higher than the brake pedal and it engaged at the top of the pedal travel. After I got the adjuster installed, I adjusted so the the clutch was level with the brake and engaged in the middle of the travel.

It doesn't change the ratio of the pedal to clutch movement, but it does make it a lot quicker to move the clutch.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks polygon.... Just what i needed to know. BTW my brother-
in-law just bought a 94 cobra this weekend with 64k miles, 1 owner and cloth seats for $10,700!! That price I thought was great but the thing im most jelous about is the cloth seats!!! leather seats suck... I cant drive my car 30 mins in the summer without getting out and having a sweaty ass... :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts