Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just bought a 94 GT and was wondering how you tell if it is equipped with the remote unlocker. The dealer he bought it from didnt know what was on it, it just came with one copied key from wal-mart. It also has some kind of alarm on it, hence a little red LED in the dash and some kind of siren under the hood. And what appears to be a receiver sensor thing monted on the back of the trunk lid. Where would you look on the car to find the receiver module thing for the locks, and what would it look like? Also, where would an alarm module thing be located?
thanks-jon

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Look behind the driver's side taillight.

In the trunk, open the panel on the left side.

In that space, there is a black connector which is not plugged into anything.

You would jump two of those wires by shorting them with a short wire while holding down "unlock" on a new remote key device.

It is easy to do yourself.

Look for the weird hook thing on the trunk wall panels, unscrew them and the panel will come right off.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it next to the fuel shut off switch or more to the side? Also, do all cars come equiped or do you have to buy some kind of module for keyless entry? If it already has it where would it be?
thanks-jon

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
More to the side, it is on the wall between the tire and bumper, so-to-speak.

Look for a wire with a connector that is not plugged in to anything.

I think all had them, I don't know.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I will check it out!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, how can you tell what kind of alarm it might have on it, since it has the LED on the dash and some kind of siren under the hood.?
thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't know anything about alarms. I don't know if they are all add-ons or if some were from the factory.

Mine has an "anti-theft" device, but no alarm. Mine requires a dongle be plugged in for the ignition to fire.

Perhaps the horn or alarm has a brand name on it?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope checked for brand names and any other identafiable marks and attempted to trace the wires, but to no avail.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great it worked! His locks now respond to my spare remote from my cobra. Now, just need to figure out what kind of alarm it has.

·
Registered
574 Posts
where is the LED on the dash? mine is on the left lower side of the steering column. does the speaker make noise or beeps when you lock/unlock? Mine beeps long to unlock, and either one or two short beeps to lock, dependind on if the alarm is active, and you just push on the LED (mine is a button too) and it flashes differently and tells you the alarm is active when you lock it by giving you two beeps. I think mine is stock or a standard add-on, hope this helps!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is also to the left of the steering wheel and seems to be a button as well as a LED. But, nothing ever makes any noise with locking or unlocking. Does your alarm operate off a different remote? how do you arm it?
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts