Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any special tools needed or anything I should know before I go order this?
thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Instructions should be provided with the unit, for tools just need an 8 or 10mm socket to pull the inner boot off the shifter, comes with a scotchlock for power splicing which should be adequate but you can splice/solder that connection if you want its up to you, underneath just need something with a reasonably sharp point to pull the contact retention thingie out of the tranny connector so you can remove the shell. I think the instructions may be posted on the website...

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info triblk. basically I didn't order the part yet, i was going to install it before i swap in my 4.56's. It's basically just spliced into two wires underneath the shifter cover?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd like to know as I was considering purchasing one too.

Lon

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What you do is run the harness on the SpeedCal down the inner boot to get to the VSS sensor. You pull the VSS sensor connector off the tranny and removed the shell from the connector. You put that shell on two wires in the SpeedCal harness (they already have the contacts) and then take the supplied shell and install that on the car harness. No cutting or splicing required. Then back inside the car you take the scotchlock and clip that onto the aux power wire to tie the 12V to the SpeedCal power wire. You dont have to wire up the ground, the SpeedCal picks it up from the car harness down by the tranny. If you have any problems with it drop me a line.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Guido, there's some really detailed instructions with pictures on Dallas' webpage too...not a hard install at all...just need a jack to lift up the drivers side a little and it should only take about 20 min once you get going...Nice setup...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts