Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple people with 99 heads but SVO intakes. What modifications to the intake are required to make it work. Yes I know I can get a Bullit intake, but its quite expensive and requires a lot of parts to make it fit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm curious about this also

I would like to know the answer to this question, because I think the parts for the SVO intake are cheaper. I know there will have to be port matched to fit, but don't know the price for that.

96GT
00 Engine/Trans

·
Registered
693 Posts
the ports are slightly different and one of the water jackets need work. When I bought my intake from Joe Charles @ Parkway, he suggested Charles Rogers(?) @ Heads Up. The water jacket required some welding and then reshaping, and then the ports are just gasket matched, sorta. Total it cost me. 265.00 However, After seeing what all was needed, I would think almost any good machinst/headporter whatever, could do the work for ya!

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Uh.......let's see here.

Complete Bullitt setup (ported)..........$1500. Complete with every single part you need to do the swap.

SVO Hi-Flow Intake........$1695. Add on the "Installation Kit" necessary for the particular model year........$325/475 depending on year. By the way......there isn't one for the '99 & up cars. You're on your own.

Now then...........what was that about being cheaper?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Exactly

The Game is totally right. The Bullit intake is way cheaper and is a clone of the SVO high flow intake as far as I'm concerned. I got the FR intake because I got a great deal.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I guess that's what I get for thinking. Where is the porting work done at and parts for $1500?

96GT
00 Engine/Trans

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
delow said:
I guess that's what I get for thinking. Where is the porting work done at and parts for $1500?

96GT
00 Engine/Trans
Shoot me an email and when I get home I can send you the true list of parts that you need and where you can get it for about 1K. There are 34 line items but you don't really need all of them! Do the p&p yourself it really isn't that hard. Shannon(THEGAME) gave me some great tips and my brothers past car knowledge allowed us to do it pretty well. Also, the install is not that hard just takes some time. Later Ron

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow everything for the bullit could be had for 1500? That's not bad, but doesn't the alt. need to be replaced too, or is that included? I got my FRPP unit for 1200, for everything needed to bolt up, I guess Ford got trigger happy with thier prices again:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The FRPP high flow intake lists in the Ford Racing Catalog at $1695 and the install kits from $325-475.

I paid $1580 for that same setup.

·
Registered
693 Posts
DAMN, Ford Sucks. Thanks to Joe Charles @ Parkway for such a great price on my FR peice, was several months ago though...

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Charles said:
Wow everything for the bullit could be had for 1500? That's not bad, but doesn't the alt. need to be replaced too, or is that included?
That includes the alternator.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had my SVO intake port matched to 2000 heads for $300.00. The guy who did the work was Pete Kotzur at Kotzur Racing heads in San Antonio, Texas. He had to remove a lot of material but says the water jacket was not a problem (i.e., did not have to weld it up). Here's a couple of pics after the porting was finished:

BTW, I orginally bought this intake in 1999 for $1200.00 and I believe that included all the misc. hardware.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts