Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with very low vacuum ~4"-6" at idle - car was running great, in the 10's, and then the crossover pipe cracked. The car ran extremely rich but I was able to get it home, welded and back on the car with new plugs. Now, the car idles with the above vacuum (normally it's around 14") and no matter how much I rev the car I cannot get the blow off valve to open up.

The turbo is blowing what seems like cold air out of the front of it.

Would a BOV that is stuck closed cause a low vacuum at idle issue?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Im not sure about your car. But i no with my kit i have to drive the car to get my bov to open.

Give more detail please ill try to help you out

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 306 e/cam, tw heads, 70mm tb, c4, ba2800 48lb injectors, etc...

It's been running perfect all year long - mid/upper 10'[email protected] and then the crossover tube cracked on me at the track. I got it home, running rough and very rich. Removed the turbo (4 bolts) 1 pipe from turbo to IC, passenger side header, downpipe and the maf-tb tube. Replaced the coated plugs, gapped at 0.30 and had the pipe fixed. Put everything back together and now there's no vacuum and the idle is horrible. Still smells as tho it's running rich and the plugs are coating over again.

I almost think it's an ignition problem but I replaced the plugs 1 at a time, there's 0% chance that the wires were crossed.

BOV used to open slightly when you would just rap the throttle but now it does not. The turbo head unit is blowing slightly cold air out of the front - I removed the filter to check this.

I've taken the system apart and reinstalled twice in the past 2 days now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts