Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get my glock out someone please tell me how to rip the chime out or cut the wires--it sounds like it is by the steering wheel under the dash--it is on the same circuit as other things so I just can't pull the fuse--somebody please HELP me--do not want to blow up my stang!!--ratman--Thanks:confused: :confused: :joy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Ratman,

Before you go blowing holes in your dash, try looking for what looks like a turnsignal device under the dash. I have never done it on a mustang, but to the best of my recollect it looks like a turnsignal switch, Aluminum colored cylinder with 2 or 3 leads on it. If you unplug it the music stops.. LOL Like I said it may be different on a stang. But it would be worth trying, I will check and see on mine.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Re: How do I shut off door chime?? HELP

ratman said:
Before I get my glock out someone please tell me how to rip the chime out or cut the wires--it sounds like it is by the steering wheel under the dash--it is on the same circuit as other things so I just can't pull the fuse--somebody please HELP me--do not want to blow up my stang!!--ratman--Thanks:confused: :confused: :joy:
I just did this "mod" last week. Just unplug the wiring harness that attaches to the white box looking thing near your center console. Get under the dash and look up. This will turn off the door chime and the chime that happens when you put in the key.

If you want just the door chime off, cut the black wire with the purple stripe, that attaches to the wiring harness on the white box. Make sure to tape up the ends of the wire so you don't short anything out.

By the way, this is my favorite "free" mod that I have done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS guys you saved a beautiful cobra!!Going to the garage right now. I happened to ck my mileage today 9.2mpg--bet Ralph Nader would love that!! thanks again ratman:joy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: How do I shut off door chime?? HELP

There are 2 black wires with purple strip witch one do I cut

I just did this "mod" last week. Just unplug the wiring harness that attaches to the white box looking thing near your center console. Get under the dash and look up. This will turn off the door chime and the chime that happens when you put in the key.

If you want just the door chime off, cut the black wire with the purple stripe, that attaches to the wiring harness on the white box. Make sure to tape up the ends of the wire so you don't short anything out.

By the way, this is my favorite "free" mod that I have done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts