Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like always, when you're RR'ing something, you find something else. I have no clue how long it's been like this, i've had no recent weirdness with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You want to go ahead and replace those before the junks start getting in the ring and pinion.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, those are the spiders Mary Jane. ;)

I may stop by a junkyard today and pick up some. I need to go by there to get an F150 axle tube vent. Gonna try the "hose extention" mod i've searched over at C-C.com.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I tried the F150 fitting, it was too tall. Just pop off the cap on your existing fitting and put a ~20" hose on it. Coil it once and tuck the end up in the area above the rear end, there are body stiffening supports, facing down.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I was prepared to cut on the F150 vent, but knowing you can pop the cap and go from there on the OE one works even better!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I tried the F150 fitting, it was too tall. Just pop off the cap on your existing fitting and put a ~20" hose on it. Coil it once and tuck the end up in the area above the rear end, there are body stiffening supports, facing down.
Excellent memory jog there, my car is capable now of barfing gear oil out of the vent cap due to cornering loads and this solution is what I'm looking for.
:salute:

Tony, maybe this is the time for a diff upgrade? :cool:

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I thought you wanted that tube to dump into a container, perhaps mounted inside the trunk, to avoid barfing on the track; at least that is what I thought I read.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, here's what I ended up doing(for the vent, at least). I found a fitting that would go in the tube, attached a hose, ran it up over the PHB, then drooped a little then ran it out to the back where I zip tied it up. I used the OE fitting on the axle tube to terminate the end of the hose.

Hopefully this doesn't blow my whole car up, because i'm capable of that.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I did mine the same way, except I made a catch can out of PVC pipe and attached it to the bumper support. Not sure fluid has ever, or will ever, make it that far, but if it does, I'm not putting it on the track.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool. Thats why I used a clear hose...I wanna see how far it'll go. I figure if the OE breather keeps it off the track, it'll do the same in the new location. I saw a bunch of the rigged/fabbed catch cans. I may do that later if this presents a problem. I think the Gatorade bottle was the "can" of choice on C-C.com. ;)

As for the diff. situation...I ended up just picking up a new set of gears for around a hundred bucks. No one would sell JUST a gear and all the used track locks had over 50,000 miles and they wanted 50 bucks for used ones. Should have them tomorrow and i'll just put in the new gear and keep the others as spares if it happens again.

Also, I had to do some serious grinding on the caliper bracket to get the Cobra rotors to pass through without hitting. Kinda sucked as it's advertised as a "bolt on kit/all you need to go GT to COBRA". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cool. Thats why I used a clear hose...I wanna see how far it'll go. I figure if the OE breather keeps it off the track, it'll do the same in the new location. I saw a bunch of the rigged/fabbed catch cans. I may do that later if this presents a problem. I think the Gatorade bottle was the "can" of choice on C-C.com. ;)

C'mon man... Gatorade catch bottles are good karma. Ya gotta have one on the car somewhere. :D

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm more of a Vitamin Water kinda guy. ;) Either that or store brand bottled water with a couple of store brand Crystal Light powder mixes. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts