Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im trying to get my 93 ford mustang into the 9s with the set up I have. I am new to the drag racing scene and need a little help. I have a stock block 302 that been built up to a 347 it has afr renegade 225cc heads, Victor Jr intake, 750-780 carb not sure, not sure on the cam specs,4.56 gears, 10 inch Hoosier drags, 5500 stall, it is a nitrous car as well.... being that I am new to the racing scene I read some forums and went a little backwards with the build I should've gotten a 351w block or dart block but I didn't know to much about fords at the time. so I would like to hear or read about some opinions please and thanks

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
That's a lot of gear for the 1/4 mile, especially if you are running 9's.

·
Registered
521 Posts
what does the car weigh? you'll be pushing the typical stock block survival limits, I come up with around 600 crank at 3000 pounds to get in the nines give or take. everything else matters though, it's not all about HP. Suspension is key.
4.56 is a lot of gear in my opinion, unless you have a really tall tire.

·
Registered
637 Posts
NEED MORE INFO - Cam specs , Tire size and type , Current times including 60' , Comp ratio , etc.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I did some number running. The hp needed to run 9.99 would blow a stock 302 into pieces.
Plenty of production 302 blocks in the 9's. My stock block 306, turbo c4 went 9.73 at 137 on pump gas/radials.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts