Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took car to the track after putting in a 2200-2600 stall. The car still bogs out the hole and only picked up 1 tenth. My car is mostly stock, so how big a stall do I need? It weighs about 3200 with driver

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
your prolly not making enough power for your car to launch at a high rpm, i dont know if the converter is your problem, what gear do you have in the rear?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
2200 is not much looser than a stock converter. Your intake, t/b, etc... are not helping much with those stock E7 heads. They cost you a little bottom end tq.
I would think a 3000-3200 stall would be best, with the stock heads and once you put some better heads on it will still be good.
What size rear tires are you running? If the tires are too big, it will also kill the launch. A 275/50 drag radial would be plenty and would be around 25-25.5" tall. You should be running mid to high 13s if you get it ironed out.

Maybe try bumping your fuel pressure a couple psi and bump the timing another couple degrees, or perhaps remove the spout and lock the timing out at 32 degrees.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks Mr Blue! ok maybe 4.30's, heavy old gal needs some motivation! seriously, more gear and stall should help get her moving. i know it's a street car, but how about a diet! search the weight reduction threads on here to get some ideas.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
t how about a diet! search the weight reduction threads on here to get some ideas.
He's 3200 with driver that is already light.

I would highly recommend a set of 4.10s with a 275/50 tire and it will gain at least .3.

4.30s are too much if you ask me unless you had 28s in the back.

The 3.55 is killing you with an AOD.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my street tires are 245/50-16s and track runs are 255/50-16s MT DR. I have a friend that is going to swap rearends with me, he has 3.73s. I dont want to go to 4.10s because it will lose some streetability, I drive the car to track that is 40 miles away and I do plan on cahnging the heads. My goal is 12.99 with the stock heads.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
more stall

i run 3000 stall with stock cam and your b-cam will need atleast that much. i think 3200-3400 would be good for that bcam and 4.10's if you plan to keep it n/a.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts