Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my engine into my new 93 and am planning on hitting the track a couple times before the weather gets nasty here.

I ordered a set of ET Street Radials today to help with traction. The only bad thing is that the axle a 3.08. I will probably swap the gears this winter. How much will this hurt me?

Car has Tokico Illuminas. I assume turning them to the softest setting and removing the huge blue swaybar up front will be in order.

How much heat do the radials take to get sticky?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I don't need much heat in mine to make them work.

with a stick and 3.08 is is going to take a driver.

Are you coming to 131. I will be there every saturday after the 11th.

Tim

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im planning on going to Osceola on the 10th. I will try to make it to Martin once. It wouldnt hurt to have someone show me the ropes...

I saw your videos on YouTube. Damn impressive 10.19!!! Do you drive your car on the street?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Let me know when you are comming up.

I do drive it alot. Last year was about 2500 and this year will be about 1000. Almost all saturday nights.

Tim

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah..... Wife is 8 months pregnant with baby #1. Daddy wants to take the car to the track before Delaney shows up!!!

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I hear you on the kids thing

Have a 2.5 and 6 months out on the next. Still plan on being at the track when it opens in the spring. With both kids and wife.

My daughter was at the track with me at 5 weeks old.

Not many 2.5 year olds that encourage hole shots and fast enterance ramps. She has steered my car in the lanes while I pushed it and was yelling out the window "I driving the race car". I almost cried. LOL

Good luck and let me know if you are going to make it up.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts