Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
What is a good Windows tablet? Surface Pros are obviously nice, any experience with anything else?

I like the idea of having a mount for a 8" to 12" tablet.

Using a 15” laptop is annoying to say the least, I ended up buying an 8” tablet and made a mount to place it without being in the way. Still working on getting the software and windows sorted, works out great...
turboLXstang, what tablet are you using and how did you make the mount?

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Using a 15” laptop is annoying to say the least, I ended up buying an 8” tablet and made a mount to place it without being in the way. Still working on getting the software and windows sorted, works out great...
Impressive interior upgrades...….I like it.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a Hurst Quarter Stick in the ashtray location and a Scott Rod Fab delete pane with a hole cut in it, very easy and comfortable to shift, I don’t miss the manual transmission at all.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Mine sits on passenger seat when I need it. Otherwise I use my Holley Digital touch dash.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
10 in tablet.
Made a mount from a battery tray. At rear, hose clamps go around the vents.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
So....my MacBook won’t work?
Anyone use the windows portal on MacBook?
If not
I’ve got to buy a cheap windows tablet with keyboard
Craig’s list here I come!

·
Registered
62 Posts
About two months away from getting my pro m system
Is a tablet all we need or is a small laptop with keyboard recommend?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have both an old MS Surface2 with keyboard and a newer HP 13" Envy laptop with touchscreen.
I still find it easier using the touchpad\keyboard on both verses the touch screens.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
So....my MacBook won’t work?
Anyone use the windows portal on MacBook?
If not
I’ve got to buy a cheap windows tablet with keyboard
Craig’s list here I come!
Chris told me that they are working on Mac software. He mentioned that it should be ready to release soon. Currently I use Parallels 14 to emulate windows 10 on my Macbook and it works decent. Looking forward to just being able to use the Macbook to run the Pro-M software without anything exrtra.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You can buy a laptop that'll be more than adequate refurb'd from newegg for around $120 with a cheap warranty. I bought one to run the Pro-M and a BMW diagnostics tool, I only get online to download pro-m updates and only use it for those two purposes and it has been flawless for the last two years now.

But this thread has me wanting a tablet now...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's where I put my laptop.

Sorry, no laptop that's one of the reasons why I bought the Pro-M, so I didn't have to carry a laptop as a passenger.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Very good point!

I’m not really interested in mounting it but since all I have is a MacBook I’ll need to get something to get started
Question:
Is a typical tablet able to navigate/use with pro m software or is keyboard any advantage?
I’m not computer savvy at all so tablet seems easier to navigate or is it just better for viewing?

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Very good point!

I’m not really interested in mounting it but since all I have is a MacBook I’ll need to get something to get started
Question:
Is a typical tablet able to navigate/use with pro m software or is keyboard any advantage?
I’m not computer savvy at all so tablet seems easier to navigate or is it just better for viewing?
The new calibration tool aka "Insight" will work with a MacBook or you can pick up another laptop dedicated to the car/Pro-M EFI. I currently use an ASUS laptop with a touch screen but it depends on what you're trying to do but my preference is the keyboard.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts